Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How do I apply for a job at Canadian Heritage?
- A. All jobs open to the public are posted on the Public Service Commission of Canada's Web site.
- Q. Where is my closest Canadian Heritage Regional Office?
- A. To view a list of our Regional offices, please visit our Regional Offices Information page.
- Q. How do I contact the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages or Ministers of State with responsibilities related to Canadian Heritage?
- A. On Our Minister and Ministers of State page, you will find contact information for the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages as well as Ministers of State with responsibilities related to Canadian Heritage.
Publications and Promotional Items
- Q. How can I obtain promotional items?
- A. Canadian Heritage provides a limited amount of promotional material for activities organized in conjunction with Flag Day (February 15) and the Celebrate Canada period (June 21 to July 1).
- Q. How can I receive a copy of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom?
- A. Copies are available by contacting our Human Rights program.
- Q. How do I order a publication from the Department of Canadian Heritage?
- A. To view a list of publications online, please visit our publications page. For print copies, please contact the program responsible for the publication.
- Q. How can I have access to content that was published prior to 2007?
The website of the Department of Canadian Heritage tries to present to its users information which is relevant and up to date. Certain elements of content published before 2007 are no longer accessible in the current version of the site. However, it is possible to consult an archived version of our Internet site.
If you want a paper version of publications which have been archived, you can contact the Department.
Programs and Services
- Q. Does the Department of Canadian Heritage provide funding?
- A. The Department of Canadian Heritage does provide funding through the delivery of programs that aim to promote Canadian culture, arts, heritage, official languages, citizenship and participation, multiculturalism, youth sport, and Aboriginal initiatives. Financial support for these programs includes grants, contributions, bursaries and tax credits. Consult the Funding opportunities section of this Web site for more information.
- Q. What sports does Sport Canada support?
- A. To browse the sports supported by Sport Canada visit the Sport Canada section. Please contact Sport Canada for more information.
- Q. Where can I find information on the National Flag of Canada?
- A. Our Flag Etiquette in Canada section provides all kinds of information on the National Flag of Canada. You can also find information on the National Flag of Canada Day Web site or contact the Ceremonial and Canadian Symbols program.
- Q. Where can I find information on copyright policies?
- A. Please visit our Copyright Policy Branch page to obtain information about copyright policies.